Meet The Community - Introduce Yourself!

• 18 January 2022
  • 35 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey everybody!

My name is Tim Hickle and I’m our Director of Content and Community here at Greenlight Guru. You are going to see me from time-to-time sharing content and sharing moderating duties with our world-class Community Manager, Etienne.

I wanted to start a thread where we can introduce ourselves and share the human side of our community.

A little about me: I’m a born-and-raised Hoosier (That means “Person from Indiana” for those of you not from the States) who loves basketball and a good nonfiction book. When I’m not working or parenting, you’re likely to find me listening to a podcast or watching Ted Lasso. My wife is named Kristen and we have an almost-two-year-old named Myles who is NOT the most efficient co-worker I have, but who is definitely my favorite. 

Feel free to share a little bit about yourself, your interests, hobbies, and family! Whatever makes you, “you!” 

35 replies

Hi All, I am Gabriella from Budapest (Hungary), working as an RAQS manager at a medium sized IVD medical device manufacturer (main profile: HLA typing in transplantation). With my husband we have 3 beautiful daughters. My hobby is sailing.

Hello everyone! I was born in Ethiopia, family from India but raised in Cleveland Ohio. I’m a practicing sleep doctor in Columbus,  Ohio, my wife is also a physician and we have two boys (picture).  I am part of a sleep medtech startup in the sleep dental space: happy to be part of this community! 

Hi Everyone

My Name is Julie and I am General Manager for a medical goods manufacturer in the UK , We are based in the South West of the country surrounded by beautiful Countryside. We supply essential Airway and Electrosurgery products worldwide from Australia to America and everywhere in between. I am a foodie, amateur cook, mother of two beautiful Children and Nanny to two adorable grandchildren,  the monster jasper below is now my baby, don’t let his puppy dog eyes fool you 😂 he loves watching the telly but is scared of ducks!!!

Hi Greenlight community. I am Melanie Wiest and I am the Quality Manager for Roechling Medical Rochester. I have been in the role for 8 months but  I have 30 years of manufacturing experience with 20 of those in Quality and 10 being in Medical Device Quality Systems. I love Baseball and am a season ticket holder for the Rochester Redwings the Triple A affiliate of the Nationals. I have one grown daughter.

The project I am focused on is rebuilding a quality system set up for automotive and to one for medical devices while implementing GG. We are a contract manufacturer whose customers own all the designs.

Hello everyone, 

My name is Anne Holland and I am the Founder and CEO of QA Consulting, Inc, based in Austin Texas.  

QA Consulting Team Celebrating our 20th Anniversary

I have more than 25 years in the biomedical engineering and medical device industry. At QA Consulting, we have the expertise and can assist with every phase of quality assurance, from design concept and R&D through manufacturing/ production, and post-market surveillance for Class I, II, and III medical devices. In my free time, I enjoy cooking, gardening and the outdoors with my husband and our two dogs, Shay and Molly.

Shay and Molly

I look forward to interacting with the community here! 

Hi! I’m Noel, a UX designer on the Product team :) I’m from Tenafly, NJ but have spent the past four years in Chicago studying journalism and design at Northwestern (go cats!), and am currently planning a move to Austin TX. 

I’m so excited to get to join this amazing team and merge two of my passions (design + healthcare) as an actual career! Dream come true!

In my spare time, I’m a tattooist (I do guest spots in the NYC area!), enjoy printmaking & checking out museums, and am part of a triathalon club!

Hello Everyone! 

Thanks for inviting me to become part of the Greenlight Guru Product Advisory Board Group here on Greenlight Guru Community!  

My name is Melanie, and I am a Senior QA Professional with Dawn Health (hence the username, @melaniedawn ….) 🤠

Dawn Health is a danish Copenhagen-based MedTech company designing, developing, manufacturing and commercializing medical device software. I have been working with Quality Assurance and Quality Management Systems since 2016 in both Pharma and Medtech - and I am very excited to share knowledge with all of you. 

When not QA-ing, I spend my time studying Leadership and being a mother to my daughter Alma of almost 2-years (can’t wait for the terrible two’s….). I also spend a lot of time trying to catch up with danish Superleague football (soccer for those of you who are US based...) as my boyfriend Christian is very (very vey) soccer interested. I also love Italian food and true-crime podcasts. And Copenhagen summer!!!! 🌞 

Excited to meet all of you in-person and/or virtually. 

Take care!

Badge

Hello there!

I am Jarod Markley, Quality Manager for Recovery Force, located in Fishers, Indiana. We are a manufacturer of a Class II electromechanical device for DVT prophylaxis. I am a Biomedical Engineer with over 12 years of experience in regulated industries including medical device, pharmaceuticals, and aseptic parenteral biotherapies. I am passionate about Quality and building strong patient centric, business balanced, Quality cultures supported, understood, and embraced cross-functionally across the organization. I have two mantras: “Everyone has a dotted line to Quality” and “Operations keeps the lights on, Quality keeps the doors open”. 

While I am passionate about Quality and improving lives of people globally, my drive and motivation, and providers of the best titles of “Husband” and “Dad”, are my family. Wife, Kate, and two sons, Emmett (4) and Arlo (2). They are my center and foundation, but also the greatest source of entropy, and I wouldn’t have it any other way!

I greatly look forward to interacting with this passionate community!

Cheers,
Jarod

Hello all. My name is Brad and I’ve been a practicing anesthesiologist for over 30 years. My entire experience with medical devices is in their daily use. I have zero experience in medical device development, but I am learning. I have an alpha, proof of concept prototype of a common anesthesiology device that solves sterility difficulties recently required by JCAHO. I’ve been advised that ‘one product doesn’t make a start-up’, so I’ve been searching for another way to get my re-designed laryngoscope to be a reality for the benefit of patient care, operating room efficiency, lowering costs and environmental responsibility. Regulatory requirements seem to be the place to start. Quality standards and design next?  I am grateful to be here soaking up all your input and advice. 

In the interim, I look forward to participating in this forum with any limited experience I can share; likely on the user-end of medical devices for patient care. In the process of re-designing my laryngoscope, I have learned much about regulatory compliance, specifically for medical device electro-magnetic effects and tolerances. 

I am married to my soul-mate and living in Ohio and Florida. I have three beautiful children without grandkids (yet). 

Thank you. 

Hi Everyone,

I’m Russ Branaghan, President of Research Collective, a Human Factors and User Experience firm located in Tempe Arizona, USA. I am also an Emeritus Professor of Human Factors at Arizona State University and a Visiting Professor of Human Factors at Northwestern University.

On the personal side, I am married (34 years!) with two grown children who are out on their own now. Luckily though they still live reasonably close by. For fun, I like to run, camp, read and play guitar.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Russ

Tonya and Russ at Canyon Lake AZ. I guess I was chilly!