AMA on Root Cause Analysis

• 27 May 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

This week we’ve invited Ben Bancroft from Greenlight Guru for an exclusive AMA (ask me anything) session on the topic of Root Cause Analysis.

If you have run into problems, send a message directly to @Etienne and let us know!

5 replies

I had an auditor tell me the root cause is NEVER “inadequate training.” Agree or disagree? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I had an auditor tell me the root cause is NEVER “inadequate training.” Agree or disagree? 

I think that it is “too easy” to point to training as the root cause and too many people use it as an “easy out” and don’t go deep enough.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’ve done RCA classes with previous companies where we talk about all of the RCA methods and a lot of people were learning it for the first time. Do you think that it is possible for people to get to wrapped up in the methodology and lose sight of the goal? Maybe, like “a little knowledge is a dangerous thing” - maybe, they just need more practice to get better, which is hard because they are too busy with their “day jobs”.

Userlevel 4
Badge

From a QMS organization perspective…

I have seen (and put) the RCA process in the CAPA procedure and I have put it in it’s own procedure. I kind of like it on it’s own because RCA is done in other places, like Customer Complaint investigations. Do you have any thoughts on this or best practices?

Userlevel 4
Badge

From a QMS organization perspective…

I have seen (and put) the RCA process in the CAPA procedure and I have put it in it’s own procedure. I kind of like it on it’s own because RCA is done in other places, like Customer Complaint investigations. Do you have any thoughts on this or best practices?

Follow on… 

Is there a good RCA process (maybe from GG) that we can “borrow for a really, really long period of time”?